Monday, July 22, 2013

Another Daytripper - ready for travel!

I made myself a full size Daytripper!  


I wanted to use this for travel, so thought it would be nice to add a strap of some type to attach it to my suitcase.  I looked at ready-made carry on size bags on the Internet that include a "trolley sleeve" (that is what it is called!) to get some ideas.  There were all kinds of things, everything from convertible pockets w/zipper at top & bottom to a simple strap - I decided to go with simple!  I didn't want to loose any of the existing pockets, and also didn't want to add any additional bulk/weight.  I used a single strap - 1 inch wide (made like this post ) added just below the back zipper.  I also added additional interfacing just behind the strap for extra strength - I'll be going on a short trip soon and let you know how it works out!  

Happy Monday - enjoy your week! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment